Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Book Talking


I read this in my Instructor magazine, and loved the idea! Now, I am not quoting, and I am really not sure if this is on the internet anywhere, but you could look...
Basically it is an idea for doing book talks with middle school age students probably fifth and up. It is modeled after the idea of Speed Dating. Some students would set up a station at their desk displaying their book and other props that may help them talk-up the book. These students would be trying to attract students to come to listen to their book talk. The other students in the class would carry a score card and listen to different book talks and rate the books as to which books sound like something they would be interested in reading. (Maybe 1-10?)
I thought that was so creative! I bet there are a lot of cool ideas for book talks, but this one seemed the most realistic and most "book talk-like" that I have read.
On another note. I promise I am getting back to blogging. You would not believe how busy I have been! As well as how HOT our school has been. As a matter of fact, we are dismissing early tomorrow. The downside, we have to stay for our contracted day. (3:30!)---GRRRrr...

1 comment:

Flip said...

That sounds really neat. I'm going to tell the teachers at the school about this. I love the idea!