Friday, October 19, 2007

Library Meme (LOL at Your Library- Teen Read Week theme)

Here is a cute Library Meme I found on Confessions of a Bibliovore. (Which coincidently I found on the Kidlitosphere Yahoo group)
1. How old were you when you got your first library card?
I was young, maybe 5 or 6. We lived a half block from the library. (Actually across the street from it, until a new one was built in the late 70's)

2. What's the first book you can remember reading from a library?
I have absolutely no idea, if I could remember that, I could probably remember what I did yesterday, which I cannot!

3. Did you ever participate in a summer reading program or other kids' event at a library growing up?
Yes! That was the best part about the summer. I would get armfuls of books every other day.

4. Do you remember when card catalogues weren't computerized?
Yes, but they weren't like that for long. I would say until I was in junior high or so. Or at least that I remember. I remember when they got rid of the card catalogues, they used the old cards for scrap paper.

5. When was the last time you went to the library?
Day before yesterday. Got a bunch of good stuff too.

6. How many books do you usually check out of the library at one time?
Depends. Usually about 5 or 6. That is about all I can stand carrying.

7. Name one great author you've discovered at your library.
Gary D. Schmidt Knew who he was, hadn't read his books. Now I have read them all.

8. What was the librarian at your elementary school like?
Old, not wanting to work there. I remember she was originally the kindergarten aide.

9. How many times a year do you go to the library?
About once every two or three weeks.

10. If you could change on thing about your library, what would it be and why?
They need to be able to get their books faster. I waited the entire summer for a book they ordered in May. That is ridiculous.

Feel Free to complete this Meme if you so desire. :)

3 comments:

Bibliovore said...

Thanks for the link!

Susan Nations said...

This is really a fun meme. I may have to add it to my site. I am blog surfing today and am so glad to have found your place. I'll be back.

:-) susan


BTW, I have relatives in Xenia Ohio.

Megan Germano said...

Thank you for the comments! I wanted to leave one on your blog, but alas, I don't think you have one? Or at least that I could see.
Who are your relatives? I have lived in Xenia all my life, I am sure I have heard of them...