Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Passion Quilt

When I was tagged for this Meme by A Year of Reading, my wheels began turning right away. As soon as I started looking for pictures, I saw what I wanted in about 1,000 versions, so I may post more than one picture.
Here are the rules of the Meme:
  • Think about what you are passionate about teaching your students.
  • Post a picture from a source like FlickrCC or Flickr Creative Commons or make/take your own that captures what YOU are most passionate about for kids to learn about…and give your picture a short title.
  • Title your blog post “Meme: Passion Quilt” and link back to this blog entry.
  • Include links to 5 folks in your professional learning network or whom you follow on Twitter/Pownce
My passion or the thing that I want my students to leave my class knowing more about is CHOICE! There are so many different kinds of choices, but specifically I am talking about Choice in literature. As this first picture demonstrates, I hope they learned it way back when:
My Choices are endless...
But if they didn't get the choice then, maybe they have encountered Choice along the way:
Whatever shall I CHOSE?
And I never want my students to feel as thought they need to pull one of these kinds of tricks in my class:
She'll never notice.

I am going to tag those whom I know are teachers and haven't been tagged as far as I can tell, but if anyone else wants to participate, feel free...
I tag:
Jen Barney A Teacher's Life
Amy S. My Breakfast Platter
Stacy and Ruth Two Writing Teachers
Jenny Elementary, My Dear, or Far From It
Sarah The Reading Zone


Blink said...

Great meme! Captions can be such powerful text. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens!

Jen Barney said...

my wheels are spinning! thanks.

Jen Barney said...


Thanks Megan!

Mary Lee said...

Great meme! Choice is SO important!