Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Summer Reading Goals Revisited


At the beginning of the summer A Year of Reading proposed a Summer Goals Meme. To revisited my own goals, I will post them here:
My Goals for the 2008 Summer:
1. Go on vacation.
2. Learn to cook the types of food that will help my husband.
3. Read at least 1 book a week. (Considerably less than last year, but my priorities are a bit different this year.)
4. Spend time with family.
5. Help my husband feel comfortable to the best of my abilities.
I will just make it short and say, I have accomplished and continue to work on all my goals. EXCEPT for the reading one book a week. I am PHYSICALLY READING one book a week, but it is never finished at the end of the week. I have gotten into a bad habit of starting 2 and three books at a time. Then it takes me forever to finish each book.
Husband Update: My husband is doing very well. Yesterday he jogged to the end of the street and back. Of course I followed him with the dog just in case. We also got the paperwork from our insurance will cover his liver transplant. We haven't however, gotten any information on the ACTUAL transplant, but at least we know someone has our information somewhere. What a WONDERFUL SUMMER!

6 comments:

Mary Lee said...

You win first prize for accomplishing your summer goals!!! (Or at least mostly, but you did so much better than we did that I'm calling it accomplishment!)

Great news about hubby, too!

Jen Robinson said...

I'm glad to hear that your husband is doing well, too, Megan! And good work on those goals.

Jen Barney said...

SO happy that your husband is on the mend! Have a great school year!!!!

Karen said...

I'm so glad to hear the news at your home has improved!

Nice job on the goals!!

Megan Germano said...

Isn't it nice to have good news? It is even more pleasant to have such good friends with which you can share your news!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

You did a fabulous job! What a great summer. I am glad to hear your husband is doing better.