Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Lawn Boy by Gary Paulsen


Gary Paulsen is my ALL TIME FAVORITE author. This brand new book, Lawn Boy was no exception. In fact I liked it so much I passed it on to a family friend's son to read. Gary Paulsen is so good at capturing the feel of teenage boys.
In this book a boy's unconventional birthday gift from his grandma, an old lawnmower, proves to be a REAL money maker. If you don't believe that a teenage boy could become a mogul from a lawn mowing business, check out this book and see how he does it.
Although I loved this book, it is not a read aloud for fifth grade. As I said before, I passed along to a 12 year-old and I am certain it will be perfect for him. I do think some of my more capable readers could tackle it, but I like it better for sixth or seventh grade. It is a very quick read, only 96 pages.

No comments: