Sunday, July 8, 2007

How to Write Your Life Story by Ralph Fletcher


Let's go with a little non-fiction! How to Write Your Life Story by Ralph Fletcher is perfect for my class. I really like everything Ralph Fletcher. I use his A Writer's Notebook and How Writers Work every year for my writing workshop. Fletcher has the perfect way to explain to kids the processes of writing your thoughts.
This book is no exception. I like to do Memoir writing with my class, but I never know if I am explaining it well enough. Not only will this book help me with that, it gives great mentor text and mentor author recommendations. The book has great interviews with writer's we use in class including, Jack Gantos and Jerry Spinelli. He also talks about Marshfield Dreams: When I was a kid which is the memoir he wrote. I can't wait to get my hands on that. (I don't know how I didn't know about it before?)

No comments: